SENIA Student Award 2021
Rules and Regulations
The Special Education Network in Asia (SENIA) is an association of educators, professionals, and parents whose mission is to advocate for and provide resources and supports for differently abled individuals.
To live in an inclusive world where every individual is supported, resources are accessible, potential is maximized, and action is inspired.
The SENIA Student Award honors a student with a disability who excels. It celebrates the achievements of a child or youth with disabilities; encourages awareness of the abilities and aspirations of children/youth with disabilities; and advocates on behalf of exceptional children in the community.
Nominations made by (does not need to be a SENIA Member):
- Related service providers
Awards Selection Criteria:
The SENIA Student Award Review Committee, which is made up of 5-7 selected SENIA members from around the world, will select one winner who fulfills the SENIA mission statement:
- Raising awareness of special needs
- Advocating for special needs
- Individual effort in raising awareness and advocacy
- Impact on the local, virtual, national and international community
Each SENIA Student Award winner will:
- Be invited to attend a special virtual awards ceremony and celebration at the SENIA 2021 Virtual Conference December, 2021
- Receive a plaque honoring the award winner
- Receive a monetary scholarship of 1500USD
- Present a 10 minute (virtual) presentation at the SENIA 2021 Virtual Conference sharing the winner’s inspirational story of awareness and advocacy for special needs
- Be featured on SENIA’s website, newsletter and social media posts.
- Candidates must be 2–21 years of age when they are nominated.
- The nominee must have an identified disability.
Rules and Instructions for Nomination
- Nominations may be submitted in hard copy or digitally. All materials submitted become the property of SENIA and will not be returned.
- The student must answer one of the following questions (Answers can be in any format – video, written, oral, etc.):
- What inspires or motivates you to advocate for yourself and/or your peers with special education needs?
- What do you hope to achieve by advocating for yourself and/or your peers with special education needs?
- TWO letters of recommendation (can be a principal, teacher, parent, community leader, etc)
- Each candidate must be nominated by one individual (e.g., teacher, principal, related service provider, friend, parent). The nominator does not need to be a SENIA member.
- Double-check that the nominee’s name is spelled correctly on ALL materials, as it will be printed on his or her certificate.
- A photo of the candidate must be submitted with the nomination materials as this will be used in SENIA publications and presentations.
Nomination packets must be received by October 15, 2021.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org