Gather a Planning Team
The planning team should consider:
- When will the watch party take place? On December 3-5, 2021, or another weekend? (Remember the content is available for 4 months)
- Will it be a one day or multiple day event?
- Where will the watch party be hosted? Will it be in person or virtual?
- Will you use the SENIA content solely or will you supplement with additional speakers/engagements?
- Will refreshments be provided during the event? If so, will they be donated or does your school/local chapter have the funds?
- Will you offer a post conference social gathering?
- How will you advertise?
- Registration: Please contact Lori Boll to get a discounted group registration rate. Please consider donating to our scholarship fund, either at registration or by taking up a collection during the watch party.
- Disclaimer: As you plan, a reminder to consider the social distancing rules in your country.
Confirm and Advertise
- Confirm location and day(s) of Watch Party.
- For a virtual watch party consider your platform – GoogleMeet, Zoom, Skype, Kumospace, Gather Town.
- Build excitement/interest by sharing SENIA website, & SENIA Podcasts with your school, members of your local chapter, colleagues and friends.
- Design a flyer to circulate about the Watch Party with a link to register for the event.
- Will any of your participants wish to earn graduate credits from SUNY University? Be sure to tell them this is an option.
- What content will be the most relevant to your group?
- Will you watch some content all together like the keynote(s) and some content in breakout rooms? Or watch separately and then meet in discussion rooms for virtual watch party?
- Consider creating a survey to poll your participants to decide which keynotes/workshops to show at the watch party.
- Think about the configuration of your venue. Will you need break out rooms or just one common area? For virtual watch parties, decide on the best platform to use for your purposes? GoogleMeet, Zoom, Skype, Kumospace, Gather Town, etc.
- What will be provided to participants? (Name tags/lanyards, folders/notebooks) Attendee Badges can be found in the SENIA Database.
- Will you need to have materials made in advance? (i..e, pens, notebooks, banners)
- If so, access the SENIA Database to get the SENIA logo (Available for Local Chapters only), graphics and printables.
- Consider supporting local businesses for your materials – banners, door prizes, etc.
- Will you be securing sponsors to offset the financial costs?
- Will you be supplying refreshments? Consider supporting organizations that employ adults with special needs in the community (mobile juice bar, bakery, etc).
- Complete the survey SENIA will sends out
- Grab your Certificate of Attendance: This will be issued by SENIA via email to all participants.