Virtual Conference Tips
Some items covered in the video
- Download the Whova App: Find it on the home page on the bottom left.
- Agenda: Our schedule is merely a suggestion, but please do watch our WELCOME video which will be the first video on your agenda for December 3rd. We’ll have lots of important information in that video. With participants coming from over 50 countries, we wanted to make the viewing experience easy and flexible for you. Watch on your own timeline. All videos will be ready to view early morning on December 3rd. So you can watch as scheduled, follow a strand and watch all those, or just pick and choose and watch in whatever order you wish, whenever you wish.
- Exhibitors: We will have live sessions with our exhibitors. These are written in the agenda and will be our only LIVE sessions. We have amazing sponsors who have a lot to offer our community. We hope you will visit with them live.
- Career Fair: Click on the career fair button in Whova if you’re interested in finding a new opportunity. We have many schools that are advertising positions.
- Certificate: After many hours of PD, you’ll want a certificate saying you attended SENIA 2021. We will send out a survey link on Sunday. Once you have filled in the survey, you’ll have access to a link to the password-protected certificate.
- Tech Issues: If you experience any technical issues contact us: email@example.com
- Non-tech questions: Contact on the Whova app under “Ask Organizers Anything.”
- Whova emails: We asked Whova to not send you emails throughout the conference. If you find you are receiving too many, please reach out to them.
A virtual conference is similar to a regular in-person conference, however, with a virtual conference you have choices as to how to watch the conference. Each speaker’s session will be pre-recorded. You can watch the sessions based on the schedule we provide or on your own time. The “live” conference will take place based on Singapore Standard Time (SST).
All videos will be made available for four (4) months after the conference ends. Take your time and enjoy all of the great presentations.
SENIA is using the Whova conference platform. Make sure to explore the app well in advance of the conference so you can visit exhibitors, connect with other delegates and join in discussions. Click here for website. You will need to register to receive the passcode.
We want your conference experience to be tailored to your needs and considerate of time zones. So, we have set it up as a true conference based on SST (Singapore Standard Time).
- Attend the conference “live” based on the schedule provided.
- Use the schedule as a guide as you and your group attend the conference in your own time zone.
- Or...Who needs a schedule? Watch each video on your own time.
You can also meet with our sponsors and exhibitors live. Please keep an eye on our agenda to see when it's a good time for you to meet with them according to the time zone you're in.
Recorded videos will be available for 4 (four) months after the conference. We cannot make exceptions to this timeline so please plan accordingly.
Yes, you can. All videos will be posted by the start of the conference.
You have 4 months from the start of the conference to access all videos.
See the conference home page for a link to the Whova app and Whova website link. Both will work.
Yes, you can! Once you register, we will send you an email with the web address and password. To access the conference on your computer you will need this, so make sure to get it right away.
If you already have your password, please find the links you need at the top right of the conference home page
Yes. You can earn up to Three (3) CEU’s for this conference. SUNY Buffalo State is offering the credits at an additional cost.
Please check out all the details here.
A watch party is a new way to enjoy a virtual conference. We learn more when we are together. By discussing theory, strategies, and best practice, we improve our insight and efficacy as professionals.
Hosting or facilitating a SENIA Watch Party is an opportunity to bring the networking and collaboration pieces that we all value, to this virtual conference. Local Chapters (where the government permits it) can plan a one-day conference with SENIA International providing the content virtually. Breakout groups and networking time should be scheduled in. This can also be done virtually through zoom breakout groups. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Watch Party Committee will support you!
As a non-profit SENIA now has sponsors. Our sponsors have made it so we could invite multiple high-quality speakers while still keeping rates affordable. We cannot thank our sponsors enough for their support.
Our sponsors also greatly benefit from sponsorship as they can share their resources with our participants.
Absolutely. Go here for more details or contact Lori Boll email@example.com
Yes, we are! SENIA is a registered non-profit organization in the state of Oregon (USA).
We know Vimeo is fully or partially blocked in some countries, including Indonesia. Please contact Lori for a private link.
Please note this private link and requires you to log in via a Google (Gmail) account. If your school is a "Google Apps" school that will work as well.