We invited phenomenal experts in the field to present at #SENIAAfrica. We also know that our SENIA members are some of the most knowledgeable professionals in the world. So we are calling for presentations from you!
Would you like to present at SENIA?
Are you interested in sharing with our audience some knowledge and strategies that fall into one of our strands?
Conference presenters are widely shared via our newsletter, social media and other communications. As a nonprofit organization focused on keeping ticket costs low for attendees, we are unable to offer a discount to presenters.
SENIA looks at all the proposals to make determinations about whether to include a workshop presentation. Some things they will be looking at are:
- The workshop’s ability to reach a variety of audiences (beginner/intermediate/advanced) from different levels of education (elementary, middle, high, administrative)
- The workshop aligns with one of the designated strands (see image to the right)
- The workshop offers a unique perspective that complements the workshops on offer at SENIA Africa: Beyond the Label.
- The workshop has an appropriate balance of theory and practice with strategies participants can use immediately.
- The workshop’s focus should be on content and support strategies. Workshops that focus exclusively on selling a product will not be considered.
Expectations After Acceptance
- Pre-record a short introduction to your presentation. This is placed on our conference platform, so participants can preview your presentation ahead of time. Don’t worry, we will help you with this.
- Upload a slide deck or handouts (limit of 2) on Whova (our conference platform) for participants.
- Understand that presenters at a SENIA conference are not given monetary compensation and need to pay to attend the conference. As a non-profit charitable organization, we rely on registration to sustain the organization.
- Stay updated on the conference event.
- Share your conference media package on your social media channels. #SENIAAfrica
Dates and Deadlines
- November 1, 2022: Proposal submission deadline
- November 15, 2022: Notifications of acceptance sent
- January 16, 2022:: Your pre-recorded introduction to your presentation
- February 10, 2022: Upload your slide deck or handouts (limit of 2) onto the Whova platform for all to enjoy (Directions will be sent at a later date).
Thank you for your time and commitment to SENIA!